My goslings will not go into their coop at night to sleep

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sunnydt, Apr 20, 2012.

1. sunnydt

sunnydt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I have two goslings about 5 weeks old and they have a fenced in area outside with a little house that looks like a dog house. I have to put them in the dog house when it gets dark. They will cry and pace inside their fenced area as soon as it gets dark untill I go out and put them in their house. They fall asleep quickly and then I leave. I have to do this every single night. They are like little kids. How long will this last before they go in on their own? They dont cry during the day, only when it gets dark and its time for bed.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    They aren't chickens

You will herd your geese into their home each night and shut the door to keep them safe as long as you own them.

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Our three adult geese will pace to get into their pen at dusk (probably because their food is in there), but they never want to go inside their house. i always have to herd them in.

4. sunnydt

sunnydt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Ok I see. They will go into their fenced area at night but not into their house. I guess I will just have to put them in. Good thing I love these guys so much! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by