My Grandbaby Loves The Geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by OmaBird, May 21, 2010.

1. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    My Grandbaby has been raised with lots and lots of different kinds of animals. My house is kind of like a zoo and he lives with me. Most of the time he could care less with all the turkeys and chickens that I brood in the house. But when he seen the geese he wanted to get into there big tub to play with them. We did not let him. He was only allowed to touch them and let them touch him. My Grandson will be three years old on June 4th. He has never learned to talk. He does not try to talk. It seemed like maybe these geese might be just the thing to bring this quite little boy to say something. He sure likes them. I think he thinks they are ducks like ones he sees on TV. He always loved the old disney cartoon the ugly duckling.

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Aw thats so cute, my little cousins love all the animals we have around here!

I wonder why he hasn't talked, thats kind of odd. My two cousins never talked and they finally figured out they needed hearing aids and then it was like a whole different world when they put them in....

3. OmaBird

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    He has been slow with all of his milestones. From rolling over, crawling and walking (26 months). He never tryed to walk until he did. We call him lazy. He has had alot of test (hearing MRI for example). I think he is just slow. We thought autism but the doctors say no way. He interacts with us all day long. He is smart. He knows all his numbers past 20, he knows some math and understands it too. It is not just memory. He loves clocks and calanders and anything with numbers. He knows shapes, colors and is learning his ABC and sounds. He loves music and plays the scales on the organ. He dances and follows dance steps. He knows the key board. He just does not make sounds. It is like he is shy to try. He will move his mouth and pretend to talk. I think he has no need to talk. He seems to comunicate what he wants. I use to worry alot about him. I don't worry anymore. Everything he was slow at, he is normal now with. He just needs that want to. Maybe the geese will help.

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Does he use Sign Language at all? that would be neat if you could train the geese to hand signals!
    Some babies are just slower than others, my niece didn't start talking until she was almost 3. she still only says a few words but her daddy(my brother) taught her some hand signals(ASL) when she was about 1.5yrs old and she really took to it right away.

That would be wonderful if the goslings helped him to talk!

5. OmaBird

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    In fact I did use some sign language with him from birth. I don't know alot. Just want I remember from school. He does no some signs like I love you. It sounds weird but he does communcate with out talking. Yesterday he would count the geese and show the numbers on his fingers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by