1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 'GrandChickies' are hatching.My 'Grandchickies' are hatching!*PIC*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DouglasPeeps, Oct 9, 2008.

1. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I gave 24 of my eggs to a friend of mine who is a 1st and 2nd grade teacher. She is doing a unit on chickens/eggs and since she has a "chicken friend" she decided to hatch eggs for her classroom to observe. When my friend candled the eggs and had 18 that looked good, I replied, "Yea! I can't wait to see my grandchickies!". Well that statement took and now she is calling them my grandchickies too! [​IMG]

So, right now 1 of them is out with 18 more to go! I am so excited! There is a possibility that 1 or 2 of them could be pure Partridge Rocks, but the rest will be mixed. My roo was a partridge rock and my other hens include: BO, SLW, RIR, and EE. I can't wait to see what they look like (I know, I know, they should look like chicks!), but you know what I mean. [​IMG]

BTW our PR roo had to be culled due to ongoing leg issues about 1 1/2 weeks ago, so this is bittersweet.....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I am still waiting for my friend to email me pictures.. [​IMG]

As soon as I get them I will post them....

Hatch chickies hatch, Hatch chickies hatch... [​IMG]

3. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    Congratulations!!! Awwww..Grandchickies [​IMG] I can't wait to see pics!!

~Natasha

4. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Here is the first chick out....

[​IMG]

5. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    YAY!!! Go Chickie!!!!

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awwww, sorry to hear about the rooster [​IMG] Bet you will get a little chick just like him, out with the old in with the new !!!! Good luck, hope all the fuzzy butts hatch !!!!

7. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:It was very sad! We had three roosters to start with and kept this one. But he just couldn't recover from his leg issues. It looks like the 1st one out might be a partridge rock (both hen and roo). That would be very exciting!!!!

[​IMG] Still hoping for a good hatch!!!

8. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

What sort of "leg issues" did your roo have?

Hope you've got a lot more fuzzy butts now!

9. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
  10. francisfarms

francisfarms Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2008
    I am happy for you, I got eggs that are now pipping, they are a day early but I am confident everything will turn out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by