My great grandson!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rusty Hills Farm, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    This is James Jr., born in May of this year, so that makes him about 5 months old.

[​IMG]

He lives in Florida, so it is unlikely that I'll ever get to actually meet him, but the picture sure shows a happy youngun!

[​IMG]

Rusty

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    He is adorable. Florida isn't so far from Alabama so maybe you will get to see him.
    Congrats!

3. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    Oh goodness, I want to eat him up! [​IMG]

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    he is so cute..I want another baby...jk... my babis are 12,16, and 18

5. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    [​IMG]

Alabama to Florida? We travel that same distance each year just to go to the doctor!

6. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Quote:I used to travel twice that distance, hauling horses to shows. Sadly, our traveling days are behind us. Now that the kids are grown and gone, there's no one to hold down the fort so that we can go a-visiting. That's the down side of farming that most forget to mention. It's not easy to find someone to feed a barnful of horses, a houseful of dogs, and a whole flock of chickens. Not to mention the stallions--! No, we don't get to pick up and wander these days. But I don't mind 'cause I love every one of them!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Isn't it neat to see your great grandson in the picture???? Imagine picturing yourself with your children in front of you and then their children and so forth.......like a tree! You must be busting with pride!

Now he is a cutie and he will ride with spurs on his boots!

8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:I used to travel twice that distance, hauling horses to shows. Sadly, our traveling days are behind us. Now that the kids are grown and gone, there's no one to hold down the fort so that we can go a-visiting. That's the down side of farming that most forget to mention. It's not easy to find someone to feed a barnful of horses, a houseful of dogs, and a whole flock of chickens. Not to mention the stallions--! No, we don't get to pick up and wander these days. But I don't mind 'cause I love every one of them!

[​IMG]

he's adorable, maybe they will come to visit you [​IMG]

9. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    [​IMG]

You have a great grandson?My great-grandma died shortly after I was born.[​IMG]

10. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my great grandma died 2 years ago(I am 37) she was mean and cranky and died at the age of 97

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by