My Green Eyed Girls

Anj

Hatching
Oct 28, 2020
My girls were 7 weeks old this week And growing tremendously! I have a backyard flock of 8 hens- 2 barred rocks- 2 buff orpingtons, 2 Ameraucana, 1 speckled Sussex and 1 olive egger. Every single one of my girls have GREEN EYES! Isn’t that crazy?! They are all wonderfully healthy, ridiculously friendly and spoiled of course.
I simply had to share the beautiful peculiarity of their eyes with y’all. Being a green eyed chicken mama- I of course am thrilled lol!

Hei 20

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Oct 8, 2020
My girls were 7 weeks old this week And growing tremendously! I have a backyard flock of 8 hens- 2 barred rocks- 2 buff orpingtons, 2 Ameraucana, 1 speckled Sussex and 1 olive egger. Every single one of my girls have GREEN EYES! Isn’t that crazy?! They are all wonderfully healthy, ridiculously friendly and spoiled of course.
I simply had to share the beautiful peculiarity of their eyes with y’all. Being a green eyed chicken mama- I of course am thrilled lol!
Post some photos, show them off🥰

Egghead_Jr

Crowing
Oct 16, 2010
NEK, VT
The eye color changes as they mature. It will be some shade of red when adults. Most people don't pick up on that- you're very observant.

Anj

Hatching
Oct 28, 2020
FDF24534-6753-4FFD-AC88-D19F8D725927.jpeg

Attachments

Top Bottom