My Grey Beauty

speas23

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Cottage Grove, OR.
Hello! Thank you for taking a sec to look at my thread. I have been trying to identify my grey pullet for a while now. She was considered "the mystery" chick at the small store where I got her from. She was in the same brooder box as my rhode island white. She seems to either have a puffy chest or she puffs out her chest often. She is VERY sweet and the most mild mannered pullet we have (out of 5). The others are the Rhode Island White I already mentioned, 2 black Australorps, and 1 Black Copper Maran. I love my little lady and am curious about her. They are 5 1/2 weeks old. Thanks again for looking!

Last edited:
I don't have much experience with this but I will chuck my hat in. Please don't take it as gospel!

At first I thought a Blue Americana, or Easter Egger, but they don't have single combs, and they do generally have muffs or beards.

I was leaning towards maybe a Blue Australorp, but their tails look a bit different, and tend to have some darker grey lacing, so don't think it's one of those.

I then moved onto a Blue Bell, but again they have a form of lacing too, and darker neck feathers.

I then pretty much dried up my experience as any other I could think of didn't match either.

So, now I will sit back and get schooled by someone who knows better hahahaha

Beautiful bird BTW, I love the blues and grey's, we just hatched 5 Lavender Araucana's!

Last edited:
Looks like it may be a Blue Andalusian. They are a single comb bird that lays a white egg. If she gets white ears, that is a pretty big indicator. Could also be a lavender orpington but they aren't very popular at the hatcheries so I don't think it would be that.

Just FYI - the BA were about 5 weeks old in that picture. They are interesting birds- they remind me of Sand Pipers from the beach with their long legs.

Thank you both for your help!! I am excited to see how she develops further. She is approx 5-6 weeks old in that picture (along with the other girls).

Back
Top Bottom