My grown roosters

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RogerTheChicken, Dec 8, 2014.

1. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    [​IMG]
    This is Roger my first chicken, he is 9 months old today, he knows his name and loves following me around
    [​IMG]
    This is Elvis my frizzle Cochin bantam, not sure on his age, I think around 6 months, he is very cocky and thinks he is a ladies man, even though they are afraid of him[​IMG]
    an unamed partridge Cochin bantam rooster that I got yesterday who is very sweet, what should I name him? He is 4 1/2 in tall like wee-man, and the tiny hen in the picture with him is 2 in tall, and is full grown, laying tiny tiny eggs
    [​IMG]
    And this is wee-man, a silver duckwing old English game bantam, standing in at a staggering 4 1/2 in, he thinks he owns the place, even cockier than Elvis, poor guy ends up getting chased away by Roger if he goes buy any hens
    [​IMG]
    Henry, a black tailed white japanese bantam, he really likes to keep to himself with his 2 hens, not very cocky for a bantam, loves for me to scratch his head[​IMG]
    Curtis, a black jersey giant who is 5 months old and already taller than Roger, he is just now crowing and loves mealworms more than any chicken possibly could!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

They are all beautiful boys! Cute names too! [​IMG]

3. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    Thanks so much!

4. Canadianislupus

Canadianislupus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    B.C. Canada
    Beautiful roo's :) Do they all range together? or do they have separate pens or houses? I'm very curious as to how people manage multiple roosters. Not to say that I don't love hens as well but roos are just sooo nice to look at and their little attitudes and behaviors can be much more entertaining than the hens sometimes.

5. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    They are wonderful chickens. Those bantams are so adorable.

6. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    They all live in the same coop in harmony, none of them mess with each other except when Elvis met wee man, now they are best friends

7. RogerTheChicken

May 17, 2014
    Thank you

8. Gerard Dawn

Gerard Dawn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2014
    USA
    Nice roosters, never really thought of naming chickens cause I never thought they would understand what I'm saying.

9. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I was just saying this to my sister early tonight. I love my little roos' personalities better than my future hens'. I'd almost rather keep them then the hens. if only they would give me eggs too....lol

10. Canadianislupus

Canadianislupus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    B.C. Canada
    That's awesome! I'm really glad to hear that[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by