My Guinea ate a rubber band!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by marymac, Dec 13, 2008.

1. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Today while out watching my chickens I seen one of my Guineas pick up a rubber band and eat it before I was able to get it from him. What do you suppose will happen? Can it digest or will it stay in the crop or what? I just don't know what to expect. Silly Guineas!!!!

2. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Uhh,... Maybe it could just pass through, um, who knows? I could get stuck somwhere. That wouldn't be very good, would it?[​IMG]

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Im sure they eat other odd things !! Dont think it was a great thing to eat but I think he will be ok !!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    hi..if it were me i would seperate her so you can watch to see if it passes out of her...just to be safe...best of luck!, Wendy:)

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. My barred rock pullet ate TWO cigarrette butts and she's still breathing, eating, and pooping. Just keep an eye on it to make sure things don't go wrong.

6. marymac

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    I don't even know which one it was now, but all of them seem to be doing ok so far. It probably thought it was a worm or something squiggly. them Guineas are a crazy bunch of chickens anyway lol.

7. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I would not wait and watch for it to pass. it would be unrecognizable
    anyhow.. As long as she got it down without snagging her tongue, I wouldn't worry about it .

If it is a laying guinea hen, I would watch for her eggs, however.. because if it gets snagged on one of them she might lay the same egg over and over and over and over... [​IMG]

8. marymac

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    [​IMG]

9. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by