1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My guinea eggs are going into lockdown today!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by StevenW., Dec 3, 2011.

1. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    They will be going into Lock-Down around 3:3:30 since thats when I set them. Today is day 25.
    I candled the eggs and didn't see any movement in them.. I have 4 that have made it this far.
    Hope they hatch! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    I hope so too!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Remember the wet sponges trick if you need them to get your humidity up past 70% [​IMG]

3. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    You must have your birds on a light to be laying now. The fertillity might be low this time of year but I hope you have a good hatch.

4. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I bought them from one of my facebook friends in WV.

I'm putting them in lockdown. Gonna fill the troughs up and put a couple sponges in and now begins the waiting. [​IMG]

5. GuineaLady93

GuineaLady93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    Can you hear them? Before mine pip out I can put the egg up to my ear and hear them.

6. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:No, but I saw that the air cells are getting bigger. I did see a little movement in one of them.
    To be honest I have very little faith or any if they hatch.

7. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Oh and who wants to see the escape guinea that was on the Roof from yesterday?? She was constantly Buck-Wheating the whole time and guess who had to climb on the roof with a broom to get her to fly off?? Me! [​IMG] I'm scared half to death of heights, too!

[​IMG]

8. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I sprayed her with the hose, threw my shoes at her, and even threw these rubber balls that my nephew plays with at her!
    She ignored getting hit with the shows and balls and was just stareing at me and it sounded like she was saying "HAHA!"
    And she loved being sprayed with the hose, too!

9. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Update for today. I'm pretty sure I saw a beak pipping through the aircell when I candled. Just starting to. I'm hopeing this one will hatch! [​IMG]

I'm not going to open the incubator up anymore.. [​IMG] We still have about 2 days till they are spose to hatch. [​IMG]

10. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Quote:She was indeed saying "HAHA!" to you, lol you can bet the farm on it, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by