1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My guinea hen is sick! Help!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by gguineasfamily, Nov 21, 2014.

1. gguineasfamily

gguineasfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Misty was asleep in the middle of the day today. She acts really tired and doesn't want to drink. She's not pooing properly only runny and white. We took her into the garage for tonight.
    We thought she's probably egg bound but both yesterday and today, we've seen her in the nest with a fresh pink egg. Not 100% sure she laid those eggs but why else would she be in the nest both times with a freshly laid egg?
    Going to feel her tummy to see if I can feel any eggs. Please if you know what Misty might have can you please help?
    Thank you

2. kaestark

kaestark Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2014
    i dont know for sure what it is but have you tried worming her? sometimes fowl birds get sick from having worms and that sometimes can mess with their sleepig schedule and many other thigs. try feeding her chick feed that you can get at the feed store am maybe some grit.

3. gguineasfamily

gguineasfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Thanks but we already took her to the vet. She has an infection that makes it harder to digest things so she's on baby food but seems perky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by