1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Guineas are entertaining! Video

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Lisa Pedro, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Lisa Pedro

Lisa Pedro Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2012
    Christmas, FL
    My Coop
    Here is a video of my 10 week old Royal Purple Guinea Keets. They are so funny!

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]

3. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Practicing for the new Circ-Du-Guinea show? [​IMG]

RobertH

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  4. Lisa Pedro

Jun 12, 2012
    Christmas, FL
    My Coop
    The thing is, they decided to start doing this on their own. I guess they just didn't want to wait for me to break it up and throw it to them. LOL, this way they don't have to share with the chickens, until they all figure out what to do.

5. JLeigh

JLeigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    North Georgia
    Too funny. I'm going to try that with my keets. Looks like fun!

6. Lisa Pedro

Jun 12, 2012
    Christmas, FL
    My Coop
    I like trying to get the keets to become more friendly. Funny, when I walk in there, I can't keep the chickens off me and the keets are bothered if I try to touch/pet them. But they will run all over my feet. Do guineas bite? Haven't had that experience yet if they do. My little roosters are getting nippy and are only 5 weeks older then the keets. Just wondering.

7. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA

8. Lisa Pedro

Jun 12, 2012
    Christmas, FL
    My Coop
    Oh, I know all about those mealy worms,lol. All I have to do is shake the bag and I get mobbed by the Guineas. And they don't care if they get your fingers along with those yummy bugs. They are always on my feet, and picking things off my shoes or pants. They just act goofy if I try to reach down and stroke them. At least they got the idea to go in the coop to bed at night. For awhile I would chase them around trying to get them in with no luck. I would have to shut the pop door and catch them individually and open the pop door and shove them in with the chickens.I always try to catch them from the back to avoid those claws. I guess mine are tamer than some and I am happy about that!

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Cute video, thanks for sharing.

Have you seen them run back-wards yet?

10. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] you should get a little hoop fro them to jump through next time, what breed of chickens do you have mixed in with your guineas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by