My guineas are in love with my rooster...is this strange?

HenOnTheHill

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 1, 2013
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
I have three male guineas that I got as 8 wk old keets. They are now full grown and have been in with the rest of my flock since their arrival. All three of them follow my dominant rooster around like he is a god. Where ever he goes, they are never far behind. Is this normal behavior? It reminds me of a little guinea mafia outfit. It is not what I expected, but then again, most things about guineas are a little odd! I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I don't have guineas, but my male ducks used to follow around my rooster like that. Unfortunately drakes can be pretty randy... so they *ahem* dominated the poor roo on more than one occasion.
roll.png

I have three male guineas that I got as 8 wk old keets. They are now full grown and have been in with the rest of my flock since their arrival. All three of them follow my dominant rooster around like he is a god. Where ever he goes, they are never far behind. Is this normal behavior? It reminds me of a little guinea mafia outfit. It is not what I expected, but then again, most things about guineas are a little odd! I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

This is funny. It could be a picture of my yard. I have three guinea males this color and a BR cockerel they follow everywhere.

I don't have guineas, but my male ducks used to follow around my rooster like that. Unfortunately drakes can be pretty randy... so they *ahem* dominated the poor roo on more than one occasion.
roll.png
Haha! Poor Mr. Roo. Mine haven't tried to get that chummy. It is awkward when my roo is with one of his ladies and all of the guineas are crowded around to watch. It makes me a little uncomfortable!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom