My hamburg stopped laying eggs. I think she is upset.

debontheweb

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
White Rock BC
My Speckled Hamburg stopped laying . She is a great producer and she stopped laying once before when I farmed her out to a friend to fix the henyard. Now I have introduced 3 pullets (2 months old) and a red heat lamp into the coop. She seems comfortable around the new birds (she's bossing them around) and she is upset to be not near them. Do you think the heat lamp is confusing her or is she upset with the new birds?

Could be either or both. She needs time to adjust. In addition to TLC and treats (e.g. sunflower seeds, mealworms, fresh fruits) to lift her spirits, You might add a drop or two of rescue remedy (Bach flower remedy) to her water daily as it may help her be less stressed.
JJ

Maybe there's something going on all together. Have you been getting visited by racoons or opposums lately? Or do you live by an airport nearby?
Or could be that she is bossing around the pullets because she is not comfortable with them yet. Also, if you have changed diet lately for them (including her), she may be adjusting to it. Hope I helped! But listen to jjthink, too. The TLC and treats method always works;) Even with us! Haha,
Good luck and cluck cluck!<3

Back
Top Bottom