My hand stinks...sooooo bad.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MamaMarcy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    [​IMG] My right hand stinks sooooo bad. I just got home from work to check my eggs in the bator and one had oozed/foamed, so I picked it up and sniffed it. WHEW! That alone should have told me to take it outside and throw it as far as possible, right? Noooo, I had to take it to the sink and crack it. Now my kitchen stinks. And my hand. And I cannot get rid of the smell.

(chick had passed and liquified......gag) [​IMG]

2. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    I have heard that white vinegar is good at neutralizing odors. Could be worth a try.

mm

3. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Find anything stainless steel, and scrub your hands hard with soap and the stainless steel. It absorbs odors, I have a little stainless steel fish I use after peeling garlic and onions and such.

4. goldies99

goldies99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    lemon juice....try that!

5. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:X2 Salt and lemon juice and rub [​IMG] [​IMG] When You want to crack one open put it in a clear ziploc then crack it! No smell [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    well, at least it didn't explode...[​IMG] now THAT is a hard smell to get rid of

7. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Just tape that hand to your face. After about 2 hours of total immersion into the smell, you won't even notice it. Or you will. At least having your hand taped to your face will give people around you something to laugh at for a while...

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

one of these should work:

Stainless steel sink (like previously posted)

Vinegar

Lemon Juice

Peroxide mixed with baking soda and dish soap .. we used to use this mix on skunked dogs when I was a groomer.. for dogs it was 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
    1/4 cup of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap (we used Ivory)

10. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

[​IMG] ew! cut it off!!!

[​IMG] JK! I know, it is THE ABSOLUTE WINNER over anything stinky. I had to vomit, [​IMG] open up the whole house, vomit, light some candles, vomit, remove the egg, vomit, [​IMG] clean out the incubator, vomit, put everything back together, vomit some more, and take a shower.

It went away after that. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by