My hanging veggie holder

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Mountain Sunshine, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Mountain Sunshine

Mountain Sunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    I have a video of the chickens figuring out what it is and really enjoying it, but I don't know how to post the video!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Very Nice. I'm sure your chickens loved it.

I don't think you can post video directly to BYC. Need to post on U-tube or someplace like that and post the link here.

Imp

3. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    [​IMG]

4. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    hopefully this will keep them busy for a bit and they will enjoy it! It was kind of thrown together we are going to try and make a better one later.

5. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    Nice [​IMG]

I wish my girls would figure theirs out. I put cabbage & other veggies in a suet feeder.....and they were terrified of it. Wouldn't even go into that half of the tractor! Had to take the devil-box out so they could move freely again. Ding-a-lings! [​IMG]

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Cool idea good job.

AL

7. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Quote:funny you should say that...my most skiddish chicken which is the polish one was the first one to attack the swinging contraption. The other big birds wouldn't go near it at first.
    I thought that was funny. It took the shyest one to get the others to come around. Now they like it!

8. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
  9. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    update...they ate every bit of the veggies that I put in the veggie cage. I can't wait to put the other half of the cabbage in there tomorrow and some other veggie goodies!
    What a fun toy for the flock. They seem to really enjoy it!

10. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I gave up on trying to fix a hanging basket (though I've heard that some people use the ball cap buddy type of cap protector for use in the washing machine -- they say it works great w/ cabbage!) . I just toss the veggies on the ground or coop floor and they go after it like gangbusters. It's funny to watch, and boy, can they make short work of a whole head of cabbage... unbelievable! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ETA VERY nice job, Mountainsunshine!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by