I have a Blue Cochin that went broody. I live in the city, and can't have a rooster, and therefore have no fertile eggs. I decided to get her a few fertile ones to try to hatch. This is where the madness began. So I go on ebay and get a case of egg envy and end up with 36 eggs coming my way. Of course I know she can't sit on that many, so I better buy an incubator for the excess. I thought that would be easy, but after reading all of your great posts/info, I realized it was a bit more complicated. I had a thermometer that came with the incubator, but that's not good enough. I got the digital thermometer/hygrometer.(2 actually) Of course I got different readings from each, but I figured I was on the right path. Reading posts, I was prepared for disaster. I gave the broody 4 eggs to hatch, and put the rest in the bator. Candled broody's eggs at 7 days and saw some progress. She sat tight, and was good at her job. I monitored the bator eggs, and took out the quitters, and got down to 23. Today is due day. I did bator lockdown and raised the humidity on Saturday. One hatched yesterday, 2 overnight, 2 more today. All look good so far. 6 more pipping. Looks like it's going to take another day or two to complete hatch. Unfortunately, broody's eggs quit. I took them away and gave her some wooden ones, and she's still sitting tight. Here's the question: Should I try to slip the new hatchlings under broody tomorrow night, and see if she'll raise them, or not risk it, and brood them myself. Thanks for any advice, and I couldn't have done this without all of your wonderful informative posts!