My hearts getting me again...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PetesMom, May 27, 2012.

1. PetesMom

PetesMom Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    You all know the story of Ling....just couldn't leave her there lol but my heart got me again tonight. I was looking on craigslist (bad habit) in the pet's section and I see an ad titled "DUCK" I saw it said "text/call for more info"....so I did and stupid me asked them to send a picture [​IMG] I KNEW as soon as I saw the pic I'd be more then likely going to get this duck. Well they are keeping the duck in a 10 gallon fish tank! That's it's "home"....my "more then likely getting" turned into a "I'm coming to get it tonight" VERY VERY quickly! It looks too be a Pekin baby maybe 4ish weeks old (going from pictures)....so I am leaving my country home and travelling to the city (shreek) tonight to pick up the new baby! Wish me luck as I am definetly NOT a city person lmao and hoping this baby is nice and healthy :( These people probably should have never gotten it. As the ad states "Must get rid of getting too big" [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    From my heart to yours,

THANK YOU!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

X2!!!

4. nickie

nickie Songster

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    Yet another cute Easter surprise :rolleyes: oh well, I can't complain, that's how I ended up getting started (dragged kicking and screaming might I add).

Let's have some pics when you get back.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's awfully nice of you.

Imp

6. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Songster

Feb 21, 2012
    Glad you are taking it! I know what you mean, people need to realize they are not always going to be a little fluffy baby. Post pics when you get it.

7. PetesMom

PetesMom Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    Well we are finally back lol....got lost, as I said I am NOT a city person and all those highways mean didly squat to me [​IMG] I was happy to make it back home as we drove through one NASTY thunderstorm! But, I guess from what "daddy" told me is that mom and son got the duckling...never told dad lol and they live in an apartment. It was his idea to find a home for him because he knew the duck needed better then what it was getting.....guess he moved her from Tennesee and he had owned a farm, so he knew. The baby is generally in good shape, nice and healthy [​IMG] I want to say it's about 4-5 weeks old, just starting to get some feathers. I vented it at a gas station and.....IT'S A BOY! lol The little boy (son) told me that he named him Butterball. Not sure if it will stay because I have this whole "chinese" name theme going on for the pekins. I will take some pics tomorrow of the new guy. I stuck him in with Ling and they took to each other like ducks to water! I was afraid to put him in there as I thought he'd pick at her but he walked over, she pecked him, and then they settled down next to each other and cuddled up! So cute :) I don't want to stick him with the bigger guys because our gander gets fresh with newcomers and he would probably hurt him or worse. So he's with Ling tonight

8. PetesMom

PetesMom Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    Oh and I have to add....sweetest little guy EVER. You can tell he was handled alot, he peeped and peeped and peeped some more until I took him out of the tote I had him in and sat him on my lap lol

9. Diamond88

Diamond88 Songster

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    I'm so glad he and Ling are friends! Can't wait to see the latest photos of both of them!

10. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    We all get so up in arms about Easter babies (for good reason), but I got the sweetest little English Angora bunny thanks to Easter regret, and he is the best little house bunny/yarn factory I could hope for.
    Thanks for taking the wee ducky. I have become the neighborhood rescue of late - three blue Araucanas were dropped on my doorstep the other day, days after the new bunny. I found the chickens a nice home where they are loved already, and think I'll keep a pen empty. (I have had 4 abandoned critters aside from the chicks brought to me since March. Good thing I know lots of crazy, young farmers!) Never know when someone new is going to drop by.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: