My heat is constantly running.........oh that explains it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, Feb 2, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I am sitting here wondering why the heat keeps coming on every few minutes, I finally get to looking and realize that the 2 registers in the LR, one in the Kitchen and 2 in the bedroom are covered by...................

DOGS!!!!!!

Goofy Register Hogging Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sounds like our AC units from April through October.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] That is funny!

4. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    I thought this would be a safe thread to read. BUT NOOO I still end up spitting coke out my nose... Thanks thanks for the laugh [​IMG]

5. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Live with 5 Jack Russells , a Grumpy Cocker SPaniel and a mostly German Shepard (7 months old) that weighs close to 60lbs and thinks he is a Jack Russell, the drinks constantly exit through the nostrils [​IMG]

6. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Im pictureing the german shepard as a jack russel ... nope cannot make the connection.... but I am sure its hillarious [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Yeah, real hilarious when he wants to sit in my lap [​IMG]
    Or when he gets in the bed in the middle of the night and tries to lay beside you but ends up laying on top of you [​IMG]

He does have a ferocious bark though, Hubby said, "hey when he gets older we can just make him an outside dog" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah Right! He likes laying on the carpet, sucking up the heat and/or air and living in luxury....... outside dog [​IMG]

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:i can imagine it. My pit ix weighs 54pounds at nine month and likes to play fetch in the house . A big dog at full speed running on hardwood floor just dont work. She also likes to hog the couch.

9. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    my lardocat likes to sleep on my chest. I'll wake up out of breath and shove him off.
    Smallcat likes to sleep on my head, one set of feet at each ear.

10. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Live with 5 Jack Russells , a Grumpy Cocker SPaniel and a mostly German Shepard (7 months old) that weighs close to 60lbs and thinks he is a Jack Russell, the drinks constantly exit through the nostrils [​IMG]

With all those dogs in the house you don't need a furnace. That is a serious amount of body heat. No need for an electric blanket either if they all pile in your bed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by