Hi all, I just want to let everyone know about my scare this morning. I woke up and turned the eggs in the bator and checked on my chicks that are on my computer desk. They were fine. I took my 10 yr old out to the bus and when I came back the bulb was out (red reptile bulb). I went to move it and it turned on even though the bulb was missing half of itself. Then it sparked and smoked. I unplugged it and took the broke bulb out. All was right. It was the right size bulb for the holder. The glass that broke fell on the chicks in the brooder..... I am just glad that I got here right when it happened and the chicks didn't try to eat the glass. I have reptiles and tons of these things and have used heat lamps for years and have never saw this happen. I am just glad I was here when it did.