My HEN bit my cat

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pw_quiltworks, Apr 28, 2009.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Tilly bit the cat. It was not very nice either. She took some fur and a little skin too! OHHH that mean chicken. I was petting the cat and Tilda came out of nowhere and bit the cat then chased her. What a bully. I am beginning to get a little annoyed with her. [​IMG] [​IMG] I will probably have to do something if it happens again. Usually the cat stays clear of the hens. Molly likes attention THAT darn hen is jealous of that cat. She is just mean. I would never had thought a hen would bite a cat. Poor sweet little Molly cat.

2. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Poor kitty! All of my hens terrorize my mom's rat terrier. She used to chase them but now she is scared of them. They had had enough.

3. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

This makes me laugh, as I think that when our chickens arrive, our cockatiel will finally get revenge on our cats after all these years. [​IMG]

4. Lil Chickie Mama

Lil Chickie Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    Aww, poor kitty.

5. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Poor kitty. [​IMG]

6. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Poor Molly! My Pumpkin feels her pain...when we first put the chickies outside, Pumpkin was curious and walked up to the run and tried to sniff at the chickens a little bit. One of the little roos sniffed back at Pumpkin, and then pecked his nose...HARD! Poor kitty jumped backwards and kept his distance from that run for quite a while! Then about 2 weeks ago I let the chickens free range for a little while under my supervision. Pumpkin was laying in the grass sunbathing, and out of the blue, Layla (leghorn pullet) walked right up to him and pecked his leg for no reason at all. [​IMG] Mean chickens!

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My 2 cats give the chickens a w-i-d-e berth! They've been pecked & chased too many times.

8. Tricia's Triple Z

Tricia's Triple Z Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2007
    I used to feed my Maine Coon Cat(2xthe size of a chicken) outside. Then my Buff Orp decided the it was HER food. I now have a cat the will NOT go outside and a chicken that looks for cat food everyday in her routine.

9. OlliOlliOlli

OlliOlliOlli Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    My chickens took the Rat Terrier's food. They love dog food, especially pedigree canned food. Needless to say my Terrier, Micro, is fed far, far away from them. LOL!

10. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

Aw-w-w, poor kitty! [​IMG]

Yes, the chickens do intimidate the cats. Here is one of my cats looking at them with great skepticism:

[​IMG]

They have never done anything to her but she must instinctively know they could.

Good luck! [​IMG] Genie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by