My hen had a seizure and died

This was her a couple of weeks ago with a muddy face, shes used to follow me everywhere and its so hard not seeing her there anymore

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-164258_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220801-164258_Gallery.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 4
The death throws are a normal event before they pass on. Your hen looks like she was having cardiac complications, due to her comb being so dark.
Thank you for replying, I dont know if this makes any difference but just before this picture she had her head in a freshly watered flower pot and it make her face muddy, thats not her normal colouring on her comb

This was her a couple hours before death, she somehow managed to position her self to rest her head on the cage

Attachments

• 20220801_091450.jpg
    20220801_091450.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 4
She was just over 2 years old
If you did not know this production breeds like her tend not to live as long, around her age they will often get sick, usually from reproductive disorders, this happens because of how many eggs they lay, they are bred to lay lots of eggs. I had three ISA browns and they all got sick and died. If your chickens are more as pets and not for eggs to prevent things like this from happening try looking into heritage breeds, or breeds that don't lay eggs as much. I'm saying this from experience.

Back
Top Bottom