My hen had Green poo, lethargic, no energy or appetite.

Kizlar

In the Brooder
Nov 11, 2020
8EB6AF34-C76C-41C2-AF09-A6EDAEFD032B.jpeg

My hen has been unwell for a week now. She has had green diarrhoea, she is not her normal curious self and lost her appetite. I’ve tried giving her yogurt and mushy bread, scrambled eggs. I’ve also given her energy booster, vitamins, apple cider vinegar. She doesn't seem to be getting better, all she does is sleep and only eats rice. Her breathing isn’t raspy or anything but I can see her going up and down for breathing. She isn’t getting worse and she does drink water but I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Attachments

• 130CBFDB-2546-4945-A6F7-47143429843D.jpeg
    130CBFDB-2546-4945-A6F7-47143429843D.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
View attachment 2619925
My hen has been unwell for a week now. She has had green diarrhoea, she is not her normal curious self and lost her appetite. I’ve tried giving her yogurt and mushy bread, scrambled eggs. I’ve also given her energy booster, vitamins, apple cider vinegar. She doesn't seem to be getting better, all she does is sleep and only eats rice. Her breathing isn’t raspy or anything but I can see her going up and down for breathing. She isn’t getting worse and she does drink water but I’m not sure what to do at this point.
Sorry to hear about your hen. Have you been able to get any liquid in her?
Yes

Update:
I found her barely conscious this morning with her crop full of liquid. She was very cold and struggling to breathe. I wrapped her up to keep her warm but soon after she began flapping and all the liquid came out of her beak. She then passed away. RIP my little angel 💔

Back
Top Bottom