1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My hen has become broody and laying on the gineua fowl eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by billifarm, Apr 26, 2016.

1. billifarm

billifarm New Egg

Nov 26, 2015
    My chickens and gineua fowls share a same coop n both were laying in a same nest inside the coop. I used to pick up the gen eggs for eating purpose while leaving the gineua eggs behind. Now for the last few dats one of my hens has become broody n sitting on the gineua eggs. The thing which is disturbing me now is that after that all of my hens n gineua fowls have stopped laying eggs ir they are laying them at some unknown place. Please guide me how to make some other nest for them so that tgey start laying eggs again.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Is that the only nesting area or box - or do you have others? Maybe they cannot get into the nesting box so are laying their eggs elsewhere. If they free range, you may never find their outdoor nests unless you follow them.

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You could consider moving your broody. A plastic basin with sand in it will serve well enough. Some broodies are more concerned with brooding to worry about being moved, where others do not like it one bit, and will leave the eggs. I put my broody in a nest on a shelf in the coop where the other birds do not lay and it works well enough for me.

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by