my HEN has no body wieght at all what to do and aslo my roosters are thin

What do you mean by thin? My hens aren't meaty, but they're perfectly healthy. Natural body-weight is breed dependent.

Otherwise, try worming them and offering them feed as needed. They may have a hard time meeting their needs foraging.

Sounds like one of twoi things: worms or not enough food. If you free range, also provide them with food. You might also want to add some baby vitamins to their water (poli-vi-sol without iron). If they have plenty of access to feed (as in prepared feed...commercial or milled) then it might be worms. This is my guess. If they have worms, no amount of food is going to get them back up to weight. The worms will use all of the nutrients themselves.

I recently purchased a 9 month old Salmon Faverolles pullet. She would stand around, all fluffed up and she had a very pale comb - and she didn't weigh anything, just a ball of fluff. At first, I thought she was beginning a molt, but I decided to worm her just in case (I used Valbazen).... I think it's working. She's more active now and the color appears to be returning to her comb. I'm waiting for her to come back into lay.

I recently purchased a 9 month old Salmon Faverolles pullet. She would stand around, all fluffed up and she had a very pale comb - and she didn't weigh anything, just a ball of fluff. At first, I thought she was beginning a molt, but I decided to worm her just in case (I used Valbazen).... I think it's working. She's more active now and the color appears to be returning to her comb. I'm waiting for her to come back into lay.
how to kill worms

Go to your local feed store and tell them your chickens have coccidiosis (worms), they will point you to the worming medications.
Read and follow the instructions on the bottle.
Feed your chickens medicated food, I know we all want non medicated feed but this year coccidiosis has been very bad, mild winter lots of rain so they are in full swing.
Depending on how bad the worms were you may have to wait a few days and repeat the worming medicine again.

Your other choice is to do nothing and hope they can get through it on their own and that they build up a tolerance to it.....

Good luck

Worms and coccidiosis are two different things.

I agree that your feed store will have worming medicine. Be sure to follow the instructions exactly. Too much can kill the birds, and not enough won't get the worms.

Also be sure the feed is balanced (it doesn't have to be expensive, just balanced protein, fat, calcium, and carbohydrate). Just ask at the feed store.
Go to your local feed store and tell them your chickens have coccidiosis (worms), they will point you to the worming medications.
Read and follow the instructions on the bottle.
Feed your chickens medicated food, I know we all want non medicated feed but this year coccidiosis has been very bad, mild winter lots of rain so they are in full swing.
Depending on how bad the worms were you may have to wait a few days and repeat the worming medicine again.

Your other choice is to do nothing and hope they can get through it on their own and that they build up a tolerance to it.....

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom