My hen has Vent Gleet!! -Treatments??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by willowbranchfarm, May 23, 2012.

1. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    My hen has vent Gleet. What can I do for her?? Also should I isolate her from the others??

2. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Thank you. I also have been giving her Apple cider vinegar.

3. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Ok so I give molasses...epson salt....and caster oil or just one??

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Just one. Alot of people use molasses.

5. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Sorry for all the question I'm just confused but after the molasses what do I do?? And I only do molasses for 4 hours correct??

6. Luvs chickens

Luvs chickens Songster

Sep 28, 2009
    Massachusettes
    Thank you for the info... I was just getting ready to take my cochin hen to the vet....... Starting the molasses now........[​IMG]

7. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I did the molasses and then went on vacation. I got hack and my hen is the same. She is loosing wait fast I don't think she is eating what should I give her. Help please!!!

8. Blackcrest

Blackcrest In the Brooder

Ok My hen has the pasty. I gave her a nice warm bath which oddly she seemed to like it alot. Of course being my favorite and knowing I am a little nervous on giving birds baths, she dunks her head under the water for God know why. maybe she was a duck in a past life. So all the paste if off her butt, I am getting ready to go get her some yogurt. I'm getting plain and apple. You know if your sick you should have a snack to make you happy. But she looks so thin and well i see where they get the term foul mouth. She had some very choice words for me. I just want to know what can I do to make her better. it's to cold to place her just out side, she sitting in my kitchen right now. But when the wife gets home I might have to move her to teh green house. What can i do to keep her warm and happy?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: