My hen is mounting the other hens as if she were a rooster!

heddahawaii

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 18, 2012
Aloha All! I have four bard rocks and four Americana chickens all grown from day old chicks together and are now 15 months old. All 8 laying great! They are in a chicken tractor coop and fed entirely organic store bought feed. Three of the Americana chickens have lost all of the feathers on their back. I have never seem them picking each other. But I just saw one of the Bard rocks MOUNT one of the Americana as if she were a rooster! She was pretty aggressive and her feet were digging into the other's back. So I am thinking the loss of feathers is from this behavior? Anyone heard of this before? They are all very tame and like to be pet each day when fed. I am using Pick No More and it seems to be helping a little. THANKS!

Yes and I will also post of photo of the three with the missing feathers; I'll get those today and post them tomorrow; thank you!~
IMG_7034.JPG
IMG_7031.JPG

They look like they are suffering feather loss from the overmating a rooster would do. Any pictures of the perpetrator?

I have a hen that is the head hen, and she does that some times.. also have roos
OH, I bet the one doing it IS the head-honcho! Do you think that is what is causing the loss of feathers? Did you see the photo? Think it is anything else? THANK YOU!

They look like they are suffering feather loss from the overmating a rooster would do. Any pictures of the perpetrator?
That is what I was thinking; I am not sure which one of my girls is doing this behavior. If I catch them in the act, I'll try to grab a photo.

Back
Top Bottom