1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My hen is not eating and passing watery poo.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Shivakumar, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Shivakumar

Shivakumar In the Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    My three and half year old hen is not eating and passing water poo. She is week and her leg scales are coming off. Though she passes loose water poo, she makes an uncomfortable sound, as if she is in pain.

As a quick measure, I have added garlic, onions and little paracetamol in her water. She is drinking water.

[​IMG]

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

2. Shivakumar

Mar 27, 2012
    Now I found that she is vomiting clear liquid sometimes, when she bend down to drink. Or is it gastric reflux? She is shaking on her foot. Her condition worsening now. Any help, please?

3. thepouts

thepouts Chirping

Mar 14, 2013
    What does her crop feel like??

4. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Songster

First thing first, separate her from the other birds in case it can be passed on.

I am not expert but what is her crop feel like? Is it really hot where you are at the moment?

5. Shivakumar

Mar 27, 2012
    Thanks for your reply. Her crop was full in the morning itself. I failed to check it. I searched google and found that watery poo may be caused by not eating enough food. I think that she has impact/sour crop. She is drinking too much water. I will check her crop now and try to to empty it.

I have already separated her from other chickens.

Thanks

6. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Songster

OK, I was thinking it may be impacted crop, being full in the morning is a sign of that.

Plenty of info on here about symptoms and how to fix it.

Good luck.

7. thepouts

thepouts Chirping

Mar 14, 2013
    Best of luck. A breeder told me that if any of my chickens even got sour crop that I needed to use an antifungal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: