My Hen is spitting up, help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ameraucana5, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Ameraucana5

Ameraucana5 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2016
    I'm new here, but my ameraucana hen cocoa is spitting up a milky foul smelling liquid. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

She is acting slow and lethargic, she is one of the top ranking hens and has not been fighting with the others like usual.
    ????????

2. Ameraucana5

Sep 14, 2016
    I thought it might be her getting ready to lay, but her crop is all slushy and watery. I don't know what's going on.

3. chickcrack

chickcrack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello and welcome to BYC!
    Here's a great article to read on crop issues which is what it sounds like your girl has. Separating her to monitor poop/drinking is important. I have used the epsom salt treatment successfully several times. Don't delay beginning treatment as blocked and sour crop can be deadly. Let us know if you have questions on treatment and how shes doing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/impacted-slow-and-sour-crops-prevention-and-treatments

Good luck :)

4. Ameraucana5

Sep 14, 2016
    I had a 3 month old welsummer rooster with sour crop, I gave him apple cider vinegar and electrolites, he got better after about 2 days.

5. Ameraucana5

Sep 14, 2016
    Today is the third day that she has been like this she gotten allot better since 2 days ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by