My hen is walking strange?

Raysal

Songster
Sep 2, 2020
Dallas TX

She has been walking like this for a while now she sleeps in the lower roosting area now she can't go to the high roosting area. And her feathers have been looking like this for a while anyone know what's wrong. She is the only hen who acts like this they all eat the same Laying pellets, Hen scratch and oyster shells separate

20210516_193744.jpg

Poor baby. Mine walked like that when she was having a SEVERE molt. I see yours is drinking, which is good. Mine stopped eating and drinking altogether.

I would give her some supportive care. Is she eating? Offer a high protein snack like meat, scrambled egg or canned fish. Mine love chopped beef liver.

Poor baby. Mine walked like that when she was having a SEVERE molt. I see yours is drinking, which is good. Mine stopped eating and drinking altogether.

I would give her some supportive care. Is she eating? Offer a high protein snack like meat, scrambled egg or canned fish. Mine love chopped beef liver.
Yeah she still drinks and eats good i put vitamins in their water to help. She has been eating well and i have some chicks that are 4 months old and she loves eating their crumble feed im glad she is eating

She has been walking like this for a while now she sleeps in the lower roosting area now she can't go to the high roosting area. And her feathers have been looking like this for a while anyone know what's wrong. She is the only hen who acts like this they all eat the same Laying pellets, Hen scratch and oyster shells separate

View attachment 2673419
Check her really well for lice and mites. Wing feathers are stripped and broken, I don't see molting.
Does she lay eggs?

I would give her vitamins that contain E, B1 and B2, so that would be Poultry Cell or you can just get human vitamins and give her 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily.

She may have other issues going on - but it would be good to just check her for parasites, that her crop is emptying, etc.

Check her really well for lice and mites. Wing feathers are stripped and broken, I don't see molting.
Does she lay eggs?

I would give her vitamins that contain E, B1 and B2, so that would be Poultry Cell or you can just get human vitamins and give her 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily.

She may have other issues going on - but it would be good to just check her for parasites, that her crop is emptying, etc.

Thankyou i bought her and some other hens couple months ago they lived in a pretty bad place. Yes she still lays eggs

Does she lay eggs?

Ok thankyou i will give her does vitamins daily. Do you know reasons why their feathers get like that.

Back
Top Bottom