My Hen Keeps Going Broody

chickens2u

Hatching
Jan 29, 2022
Hello everyone.
I have a beauitful Buff girl (about a year and a half old) and every three months she goes broody. I don't mind this, as I have a rooster, pop some eggs under her, she hatches them out and she's all good. But once the chicks are about 8 weeks old she instantly goes broody again. She is currently in her 4th cycle of doing this. My question is - is this ok for her health? She gets off the nest everyday to eat, drink and pop and is in very good health. Should I just let her do her thing? Thanks

Hello everyone.
I have a beauitful Buff girl (about a year and a half old) and every three months she goes broody. I don't mind this, as I have a rooster, pop some eggs under her, she hatches them out and she's all good. But once the chicks are about 8 weeks old she instantly goes broody again. She is currently in her 4th cycle of doing this. My question is - is this ok for her health? She gets off the nest everyday to eat, drink and pop and is in very good health. Should I just let her do her thing? Thanks
Welcome to BYC.
I would not let her continue to do this. You have to be the one in control of how many chickens are in the flock and dealing with all the males from the hatches can be an issue in and of itself. I would start breaking her.

Back
Top Bottom