My Hen laid a big egg and is now bleeding!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bryjustshonmom, Oct 22, 2009.

1. bryjustshonmom

bryjustshonmom New Egg

Jun 25, 2009
    Huntsville/Elkmont,AL
    My Hen laid a large egg today and now she's bleeding a little bit! Is this normal and Will she be okay? Will she having trouble laying tomorrow?

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Without seeing her, none of us can detirmine if she is okay. If she is gushing blood - I'd guess: no. Keep an eye on her. That's all you can do. [​IMG]

3. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    Most likely she'll be fine. Mine lay an extra-large egg every now and then, and it's usually got a few blood streaks on it. Minor bleeds with heal on their own. A major bleed, probably not.

Kathy, Bellville TX
    www.ChickenTrackin.com

4. bryjustshonmom

bryjustshonmom New Egg

Jun 25, 2009
    Huntsville/Elkmont,AL
    Thanks for your reply!! It's not alot of blood but she's acting like she wants to be left alone. She has white poop on her! I hope that's normal.

5. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    I wonder about mine sometimes... its like how could that have been easy to get outta there! She should be fine, just watch her like the others suggested as well [​IMG]

6. bryjustshonmom

bryjustshonmom New Egg

Jun 25, 2009
    Huntsville/Elkmont,AL
    Sad News!! I went out there this morning to check on them and she was dead! I guess maybe the egg was just too big for her to lay! It had a Double Yolk! She was a White Leghorn! She was 1 of 15 Pullets that we got them back in April. We've lost her and another just like her. I guess these things just happen!! I guess this means that we have 8 Layers now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by