My hen never layed eggs since last summer and winter and since the begging of march she suddenly started laying eggs any advice?

chickchicklife

Chirping
Mar 18, 2021
I just got a hen last summer along with one of her sons who lost one eye and we put them together at first but that didn't go well because the rooster kept on poking her and making her bleed since she was fighting with the other hens so we moved her with another rooster we have and they have been that way since fall. She did not lay eggs during that time and we thought there might be something wrong but just this first week of march she laid 2 eggs. She has started laying since then and has laid a total of 6 eggs this march. I am wondering if I should take the eggs out or leave them there since sometimes she sits down on them. She has also been very inpatient on getting out of her coop this whole month

I just got a hen last summer along with one of her sons who lost one eye and we put them together at first but that didn't go well because the rooster kept on poking her and making her bleed since she was fighting with the other hens so we moved her with another rooster we have and they have been that way since fall. She did not lay eggs during that time and we thought there might be something wrong but just this first week of march she laid 2 eggs. She has started laying since then and has laid a total of 6 eggs this march. I am wondering if I should take the eggs out or leave them there since sometimes she sits down on them. She has also been very inpatient on getting out of her coop this whole month
How old and what breed?

1616160512442.png
She looks like this

Back
Top Bottom