1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My hen totally grosses me out.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by aubreynoramarie, Jun 25, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    I am writing this in the hopes that someone out there feels my pain!

All of my hens squat for me. The want me to LUUURRRVVVEEE them. I'll pat em on the back or pick em up when they do that but one hen in particular I just can't.

She's such a dirty bird! If I get anywhere near her she squats and then proceeds to squirt me with... Erm... Lubricant? All over my leg! I try to avoid her but me and my treats are just soooo irresistible, that the girls are magnetized towards me.

Anyways, can I make my hen stop squirting me with her love juice or should I just be flattered and deal with it?

2. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Get a Rooster?

3. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:ive got one even though i am in the city. hes kind of pathetic though, he just bounces right off of them. its quite a sight actually! ive wanted a nice handsome roo for a very long time, but id just get fined by the city and my neighbors would rip my head off [​IMG]

4. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Quote:YUCK!!! Really? Is that normal for a hen to do? I hope mine don't start doing that!! EW!!!

5. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:YUCK!!! Really? Is that normal for a hen to do? I hope mine don't start doing that!! EW!!!

lol i have no clue. shes the only one who does it. my other ladies squat but dont squirt me. this girl is my biggest squatter though. i think she finds me attractive?

6. hmmcc123

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Hehehe. I love how they all have different personalities but I certainly would not enjoy a hen like that! I have kids too so they would be like huh? lol Out of curiousity, what breed is she?

7. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    she is a gorgeous e.e. x blue orphington.

i just figured it out...she is my only hen that came from a home that had a real manly rooster... maybe thats why?

8. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I am not easily nauseated but [​IMG] you certainly have a way with words. [​IMG]

I've never heard of that happening before. You are making me glad I have the roo curse. [​IMG]

I'm just stumped. [​IMG] Infection? Normal? Put a diaper on her? Wear a wet suit?

This isn't going to get any better so I'll just stop. Hopefully someone who knows something will see this. Good luck. [​IMG]

9. hmmcc123

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    That would make sense. BTW, I love EE's and Orpingtons! Sweet personalities. : ) Good luck with that "dirty bird". hehe ; )

10. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:OH MY GOD, hahahahahaha!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by