1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Hen What is She?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BrandoMan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. BrandoMan

BrandoMan Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    Prewitt, NM USA
    Heres one of my Pullets I got at my local feed store last March. When I got her I really didnt know about the different chicken breeds but I asked the worker there what kind of chickens they were and she told me Turkens. lol I quickly found out she is not a Turken once I got home and googled it. She lays large brown eggs. The shade of brown ranges from a lighter brown to medium brown and sometimes has tiny specks of white. She fallows me around like a dog. I am thinking she is one of those sex link hybrids.She has some white in her feathers and her downy feathers are white. When she lost her baby feathers some had speck of black in them. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    She looks like a red sex link to me. Could also possibly be a production red.

3. kcaywood

kcaywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    She looks just like my ISA Brown hen - they are a sex-linked hybrid of Rhode Island Red and Rhode Island White.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by