1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Hen won´t stop drinking water

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sophiem2003xx, May 31, 2016.

1. sophiem2003xx

sophiem2003xx New Egg

Oct 19, 2015
    Hi,for the last couple of months my hen has been drinking so much that she pukes water[​IMG]
    I have researched the illness {Coccidioses} and am starting to get worried...
    she is a pet and i have had her for four years now,in the past(i travel alot!)(and bring my hens with me)[​IMG] while i was in the shop i came back to her not breathing properly and not standing up just all wobbly.
    also she was born late and mother had already left nest but i kept her warm then she grew up perfectly she has also been chased by preditors a long time ago
    but after all that she is the superhero hen,but usually she would heal fast .now she is eating normally has crumbly feet that she nibbles at .but the problem is she does not stop drinking and throws up alot but continues drinking until all of it is gone ...she is my lovely pet and i will do whatever it takes to stop her from getting hurt or sick

Thanks please help my chicken!!
    -Sophie

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Do you have a vet you can take her to? Sounds like kidney involvement or diabetes ( if chickens can get it).

5. sophiem2003xx

sophiem2003xx New Egg

Oct 19, 2015
    Yeah i was thinking maybe kidney infection if so how can i get rid of it?(the kidney infection!:)[​IMG][​IMG]
    this is her not a great picture from about 1 year ago but i will take a new pic of her now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by