My hens acting strange

Haleyjo4

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2018
ok so i have this hen she went broody 1 month ago something took everyone of her eggs and shes a americana hen and hasnt laid an egg since but one of my other hens started laying eggs my hen that ued to be broody was acting strange after the other hen laid an egg she chased her off from the nest the next day i let them free range and my bantham laid an egg in the shop on a shelf well my americana staid out there for 5 hours and watched the egg yes she flew up there and stared at it for 5 hours i had to get her and take her to the coop i have no idea why she is doing this do you.

I think it’s possible she’s still broody... Determined broody hens will brood the coop floor into a chick with the will they have. Is she still showing broody behaviour? Sitting on her nest like a pancake? Dropping her wings outside and making noises?

She does sound like she's still broody, but she might just be "temporarily weird". I have one hen who stands in the corner of the fence, like a child being punished, and stares for hours. It's like she's in a trance. It's the only time she will allow me to just walk up to her and pet her. Sometimes the other hens come over and huddle around her like they are offering comfort. "Temporary weirdness". Most of the time she acts like all the other hens. But, none of the others act like her.

I think it’s possible she’s still broody... Determined broody hens will brood the coop floor into a chick with the will they have. Is she still showing broody behaviour? Sitting on her nest like a pancake? Dropping her wings outside and making noises?
I haven't seen any

Back
Top Bottom