1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Hens and Roos are growing up!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ByeByeBlackBird, Jun 14, 2011.

1. ByeByeBlackBird

ByeByeBlackBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Falls Village CT
    My TSC girls and single Boy and my Silkies ( TSC and personally hatched) are growing up! Raising chickens is pretty awesome, and i already have plans for more! ( Crested Polish!!) [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dug a pit to bury the wire for their run.

[​IMG]
    Roo curious as to what the camera is

[​IMG]
    Birds Enjoying run!

[​IMG]
    they are sunbathing and happy [​IMG]

2. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Those little chicks melt my heart. They look good! So does your coop and run.
    [​IMG]

3. ByeByeBlackBird

ByeByeBlackBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Falls Village CT
    We will be adding to the run too. Its smallish for now, but still alright. Im still going to let them free range often, but the run is nice to have when i cant be watching them the whole time they are out ( wary of hawks and coyotes and foxes around here) Plus, I have 14 birds currently, and am getting 12 more Polish Crested chicks, so the run will increase in size, definitely! [​IMG] ( Some of the current birds, too, will have to go simply because they are white silkie roos, and the RIR boy will have to go too. i plan on having one of the dark silkies that i hatched be a roo, if they do turn out to be roosters because they are the most typey/pure, or i will buy another for the flock) Ill still be weeding out stuff as it grows Simply because i will want to focus on specific colors, or choose the nicest friendliest birds for the flock. [​IMG] Id like to have the flock end up around 20 birds. So thats seven i have to get rid of ( i have a single polish crested hanging out in my brooder right now) Easy enough [​IMG] i might even keep it around 16-17 birds. we shall see! [​IMG] thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by