My hens are laying for her but not me...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arllcountrygirl, Mar 10, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I meet a dear friend here on BYC [​IMG] and she is only a couple of hours away, so we try to meet every couple of weeks and swap out eggs and chicks. Her hens lay more than mine and I incubate eggs for her.

Well being the awesome friend that I am. [​IMG] I gave her some of my young serema chickens. [​IMG] I have been waiting on mine to start laying any day now. [​IMG] Anyway, she calls me today and tells me hers started laying today. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe she knows something I don't [​IMG]

All well - Figures. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I gave my cousin some of my birds and his have hatched one clutch, and he has two other hens setting on eggs. Mine just started laying two weeks ago, and they took a 3 day break already. I know your pain.

3. arllcountrygirl

It just isn't fair. [​IMG]

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I think they are scared to go in the nest box with that weird looking hen you have [​IMG]

Nancy

5. arllcountrygirl

[​IMG] - That may be it. [​IMG]

6. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    My girls slip through the fence and lay over at the neighbors house.... sooooo, I was going over there to fetch them.. hunting through dense shrubbery when... I develop a rash... a blistery, itchy red aweful rash... Poison something or other.... the neighbor can have the eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by