"my hens can beat up your hens because I raised them in the streets! *smug* "

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chido, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Chido

Chido Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    More than half of my flock are hens that a neighbor would just let roam free in the neighborhood and we'd often see the chickens or chicks being chased and/or killed by off-leash dogs (my neighborhood isn't too nice...). Some we got as chicks when they'd hid on our front yard and the momma was nowhere to be found. Others we caught as adults once the neighbor moved away and left some of his chickens behind.

Well finally, after months of trying, we caught the last two stray hens within the last 5 days. These two hens would spend a lot of time in our fenced backyard, hanging out with our chickens and eating their food, so integrating them to the flock wasn't too bad. Now they just need to get used to being in captivity, and they'll be fine.

Anyways, onto the pictures! This is stray no. 1, we named her Tissue.

[​IMG]

And this is stray no.2, Turkey

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Those gals are built to fly and built to run! Congrats on catching them!

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Tissue looks like she's giving you the stink eye while plotting her escape!!

4. Chido

Chido Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    Well, I can't be too scared of her stink eye and street gang manners because she's too pretty :). She reminds me of a ballerina in that picture, so graceful and slender and yet she's already kicked most of my hens' butts. She didn't become head hen thugh, Dust the stray we caught last year is still the queen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by