My hens fighting?!?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bobwhitelover, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    My 2 coutinix hens our fighting. I have never run into this problem before because they have always been good friends. They are screeching at each other and jusming and pecking each other. What is up with them?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chicky Monkey

Chicky Monkey Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    How old are they and how hot is it there? My hens have started doing the same thing. It's really hot here (I've resorted to putting them in the basement during the hottest times...disgusting!). I was wondering if the heat is making them cranky. Also, my chickens are 4 1/2 months old, and I think their hormones are really kicking in. Only one has laid one egg so far (don't know which one...my husband asked if any of them were walking funny ;D), maybe because of heat stress. It's so bad, sometimes, that I have to bring the worst offender in the house with me for awhile just to give the others a break! It also allows for a little 'bonding' time with my girls. I hope for both our sakes, this is just a 'phase' they are going through and will get over it!

3. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    It is at least 90 maybe more. I will move them inside until it cools down they are not walking funny. Thanks for the advise [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by