my hens hate the rooster???šŸ˜«

muans

Chirping
Aug 4, 2020
i am housing 3 female and 1 rooster(all couturnix quail) in a 4feet square small aviary and all the hens run away from the rooster is kind to them only just showing he's the boss but when ever they meet the rooster every hens starts to run way from
him and were flying high up and then trying ton escape from the aviary..all they do is hiding at some hiding spots and whenever they see the rooster they started to panic...what should i do now??

Attachments

• F7BAD43D-C9B8-4B90-B0E1-4A29A783698B.jpeg
    F7BAD43D-C9B8-4B90-B0E1-4A29A783698B.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 42
4 square feet for four birds isn't much space, especially when you subtract the space being used by feeders and hides. Is there any way you can give them more space?
not anymore this is the largest place i can house them

Can you separate the rooster for a day or two then put him back in?
already did that! actually the hens just don't want the mate with him they're not laying eggs anymore and one hen is molting alot

I'd get rid of him. If you want fertile eggs, you might try to find a different roo. If you just want eggs, you don't need a roo.
i want them as a pet ...no more ertile eggs for now as i have no more space for them and yes not just for eggs but i just love quails so much that all..thanks for sharing your opinion..i think i will have to sell him

I would remove him, light your hens so they start laying again, and then reintroduce him. If they are molting and stopped laying, they feel like laying season is over and wonā€™t want to breed. Iā€™ve found the hens tend to be more accepting of the advances if everyone is on the same page biologically.
even if they are laying one nasty hen just don't like the rooster at all...she's the one who started all this behaviour and till now i have to seperate her and it was today that i re introduce her again and it seems like nothing is likely to change...and when i keep her seperated she used to call for conveys

Back
Top Bottom