my hens sneezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by trishamonks, Aug 17, 2010.

1. trishamonks

trishamonks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    can anyone help me im bringing them to the vet in morning but just curious on what wrong with them i have 2 hens about 20 weeks old now and they have stopped laying i i think this might be just because its their first time laying 1 laid 2 eggs in a row and stopped that was 2 weeks ago and the 2nd laid 6 eggs and stopped but i seen them sneezing today and their beaks were full of snot sorry discharge it was kinda greeny am just wondering if they have a cold hopefully not flu they are outside with all the younger chicks which are about 8 weeks now do i need to get them all treated or just the older 2 oh their both rir if this helps anything

2. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I would seperate them and run a course of duramycin.Its a powder anibiotic you get at the feed store.
    I had 2 pullets do this and now a rooster.The pullets are betterand back with the flock.Working on the roo now.

3. trishamonks

trishamonks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    thanks i brought them to a vet they on baytril but dont need seperating i just had to dose all chicks with antibiotic as a preventer the2 hens have respiratory infection the chicks all clear [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by