My hens started laying with a vengeance!!

lengel

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
MA
About two months ago, we bought (for a couple of bucks each) eight RIR hens that were so beat up that we thought they wouldn't live long. Posted on the injuries and nutrition forums and got a lot of great advice. Gave them all kinds of food supplements etc and . . .

Today, I collected seven eggs out of the coop!! Can I get a whoo-hoo?

What a turnaround. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for all of your help! We need to get us more of those unwanted hens!

That is great you should be proud. I also save some hens 12 of them. I got them for free, poor girls were debecked and only being fed corn. They are doing so good now and looking much better they also had been with an over zelous roo. It sure makes you feel good when you save poor animals that were not being cared for. I just love all my girls, one of mine that I rescued is now broody and going to have babies of her own. Glad you are getting eggs they are tellling you how much they love you and are glad that you saved them.
wee.gif

Thanks guys. I am so proud of them. And they have such personalities now. Before, I couldn't even tell them apart at a distance from their behavior. Now they have their preferences and unique characteristics. They are so entertaining!

This is a before:

9722_chickenneck.jpg

This is a progress report:

9722_healingchickens2.jpg
v

I hate to call it an "after". They'll get better!

Back
Top Bottom