My hens won’t lay eggs

Oct 24, 2018
Hi, I’m not sure if I’m making this in the right area. So my two hens Just finished molting about two weeks ago but they aren’t laying. I not sure how long it takes them to start up again but it’s been like two months sense they have been laying they are all done mounting and has been for at least two weeks. Maybe there s something I could give them to start up again?
If Anyone could help that would be GREAT!! Thanks

I am guessing that they are a minimum of 1.5 to 2 years old. At this point they are ready for a break in the laying cycle. They molt, regain condition and then restart laying - given the shortened day length they may not lay again until spring.
Ya, one is little over 1.5 and my other one is bout 1.5 years. Thanks for your help!

It can take up to 3 months to return to normal laying after a molt. Combine that with going into winter it may take longer.

Hey, quick question my hen Buffy has an egg that she should be laying but it seems to be stuck. It’s right above her vent she has had it for two days, it still has a strong shell but she just can’t get it out

Hey, quick question my hen Buffy has an egg that she should be laying but it seems to be stuck. It’s right above her vent she has had it for two days, it still has a strong shell but she just can’t get it out

She could be egg bound. I've never run into it myself. Do a search for "egg bound" here. I'm sure there are some threads for identifying and treatment.

She could be egg bound. I've never run into it myself. Do a search for "egg bound" here. I'm sure there are some threads for identifying and treatment.
I can’t quite find a good thread on it. Do any of you guys know what to do?

Back
Top Bottom