My Hens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HowlinWolfVexx, Nov 14, 2009.

1. HowlinWolfVexx

HowlinWolfVexx New Egg

Nov 14, 2009
    Meet the girls, they are total hams! Howlin' on the left and Jeri on the right. This picture was taken in August, before they were "all growed up"

[​IMG]

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    nice

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Hehehehe...your howlin looks so much like my dixie. How old were they in that pic???

4. HowlinWolfVexx

HowlinWolfVexx New Egg

Nov 14, 2009
    They were coming up on 4 months in this picture. Now they have big girl combs and wattles

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Wow....I didn't realize it took that long before they mature into adult looking hens w/wattles and all. My girls are only 9 weeks, so they've got a LONG time to go I guess. I love my little barred rock though...she's got a very frisky personality. And she looks like yours when she gives me the eye...lol.

6. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Jeri is definitely posing for the camera! Cute pics - thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Pretty hens! I only have one BR and she has enough personality for them all.

8. HowlinWolfVexx

HowlinWolfVexx New Egg

Nov 14, 2009
    BR's definitely have big personalities! That's what I love about Howlin', but it took some time establishing my Alpha status with her. When she would bully Jeri I'd just pick her up and carry her around until she stopped fussing. At treat time I'd take Jeri out of the run and feed her in front of Howlin', because she'd always snatch food from Jeri's beak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by