My Holiday Letter to You

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Dec 22, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    To my BYC friends and family:
    Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year to one and all!

December 25 will be my two year anniversary with BYC, it’s been a good two years. There have been so many ups and so many downs in my life during this time frame; it’s been so comforting to know I have somewhere to turn to for a good laugh, great information, or to be able to offer someone else comfort, advice, or insight.

I want to express my deep appreciation for so many of you: Those that defend me as a teacher, those that support me and my class in so many ways; making each year spent here a wonderful one. I want to thank those that have supported me personally; offered me emotional support, total support, and most of all their deep and abiding friendship. I’ve formed more friendships this year than I did in my first year on the website; I know I am becoming more comfortable interacting socially online due to the openness and accepting ways of this forum.

The way you have taken me into your hearts and prayers is even more special since we’ve never actually met in person. You’ve taken my son and nephew into your lives as well, and that is so important to me and means more than I can possibly say. The thoughts and support for my big Nugget was overwhelming; proving that our animals are special to us and deserve the love and care we shower on them. The advice on care and feeding we share with each other is more valuable than having an on-call veterinarian living in the back room!

I offer you my prayers for a wonderful Christmas Season, a fantastic New Year, and all the love and happiness you are capable of accepting into your lives. I offer you my prayers, support and thoughts, when you are going through times that you don’t feel you can shoulder on your own. I give you my deep and abiding love and respect for the wonderful group of people you are. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here, for sharing yourselves, and for making the world a better place every day of the year.

Thank you,
    Kate Livingston

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] Merry Christmas!!

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [​IMG] I think you forgot the fact that we point out your flaws if we can find them, just like family [​IMG]

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] That was beautiful. Merry Christmas! [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Kate,

You are the best!

Merry Christmas and my Our Lord bless you and your family,

Always,

M

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    God Bless you, Kate. I pray the New Year will be a better one for you and yours. Even though most of us have never met, I still refer to members as "my friends". Merry Christmas to one and all. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Each and every one of us love you, Kate. I pray for a good year ahead for you.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Have a wonderful holiday, Kate! We love having you here in the BYC family. [​IMG]

9. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    I always look forward to seeing what you write. Again, you've made me glad that I clicked.
    Merry Christmas to you too, fellow educator.

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Kate, that was so beautiful. [​IMG] It brought tears to my eyes. You could not have worded anything differently. Thank you so much. As all of us need to know we are loved and appreciated. [​IMG] Do you think it may have something to do with you being a teacher? [​IMG] Again, thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by