My home made chicken plucker video and new video ,take a look pg 4

Come on people don't be afraid to tell me what you think .I know it isn't a wizbang But it works
smile.png

Does it mess up the meat any? It looked pretty harsh on the bird. I have three weeks until I process my first ones. I am going to try plucking, if I don't like it I am going to build something of the sorts.

Seems to work pretty darn good. I believe Id be wearing some sort of eye guard, tho. That scares me a little with that set up.

No its not hard on the bird .
I also do have a face shield I will be wearing for the rest
Each bird took appr 2 minutes that last one was quick because the scald was good , its all in the scald
I took a few videos that one was the best
and yea I would do some other sort of motor next time the drill is unstable and its hard to control the speed, I have a hose clamp on it now
I will be finishing up the rest of the bunch in the coming week so there will be more photos and maybe another video
thanks everyone . :)

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I'll be getting my first meat birds in a couple of weeks. How much time does this save per bird? If it takes 2 minutes with the plucker, how long generally does it take to pluck a bird by hand?

Very nice! Here is a pic of my $5 plucker I made. I tested it today. I did one bird from kill to chill in under 5 minutes. I agree that it's all in the scald. My next project will be a unit like yours, then I intend to do a tub plucker. Also, it worked better when I ran it fast. Not sure how it would work with real C25 fingers instead of bungees.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom