My Homemade Automatic Remote Control Coop Door

Checkthisout

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
New Member here.

Thought I would post this link to yet another motorized coop door. I'll make more posts in the coming days showing my entire coop which is just about finished.

No chickens yet but possibly this week!

Here is the automatic door to the run. It's controlled by remote control like you have for keyless entry on a car. It works about 150-200 feet away. The coop is about 150 feet from the the house and the door to the pen is on the back so I plan on putting some super bright LED's that will show whether the door is open or closed or bound up etc. and whether interior lights are on etc.

You will be able to see these lights from the house.

If I find the need, I may also add a timer or light sensor or possibly even a WiFi module to control the door. Those are easy to add once you have the hardware in place and an operating door. Right now the door works off a battery I have down at the coop for testing but soon electricity will be run down and I will run it off that.

Thanks for viewing!

Added in edit: The door opening height is 18" and the opening width is 22"

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Highland Co. Ohio!!!

Thanks for all the welcomes! Western Washington here. Going to get 1 dozen little chickies tommorrow. Were actually going to use the back of a pickup truck with a canopy on it to house the chicks until the coop is done. It should be done this weekend. I just have to build a gate for the run and dig down to the waterline so I can add a faucet.

Oh, and of course add the roosts and some PVC pipes for the waterers.....ugh it never ends!
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom