My homemade FridgeBator*PICS*added*update*setting it up for quail eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quintinp, Jul 12, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    well here it is... i JUST finished it and thought i better show pics to Ya'll [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and it holds up to 3 little giant egg turners, but i am only using TWO [​IMG] i just plugged it in, and i hope it does great, the light and thermostat held up Awesome in a (rubbermaid tub), dont see why they wouldn't be Awesome in this mini fridge

****UPDATE****** here it is with my quail turner
    [​IMG]
    and here you can see i could hold two turner and have a shelf on the bottom for hatching, or use the bottom shelf to hold another turner
    [​IMG]
    you will also notice i have one light bulb, and the thermostat has been moved

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Ooooooh I looooove it!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Me too i bet that this thread wont be nearly as long as that Rcom mini incubator thread that i posted lol

4. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Bahaha probably because I am not having issues w/ my coleman bator haha! So I wont be posting pics of my issues with it [​IMG]

5. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    definitely!!!

6. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Doesn't stray from 100.4*F

7. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:Bahaha probably because I am not having issues w/ my coleman bator haha! So I wont be posting pics of my issues with it [​IMG]

Are you ever gonna use the homemade incubator ever again?,,, or Just the LittleGiant?

8. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712

Are you ever gonna use the homemade incubator ever again?,,, or Just the LittleGiant?

I still use it! I use it as a hatcher, bf is making me use the LG as a incubator since I spent the $$ on it but like I said am using the cooler as the hatcher..

9. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:Are you ever gonna use the homemade incubator ever again?,,, or Just the LittleGiant?

I still use it! I use it as a hatcher, bf is making me use the LG as a incubator since I spent the $$ on it but like I said am using the cooler as the hatcher..

he he,,,, WELL

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I still use it! I use it as a hatcher, bf is making me use the LG as a incubator since I spent the $$ on it but like I said am using the cooler as the hatcher..

he he,,,, WELL

They are both relatively decent,,,, technically the homemade works better keeping temp stable... Now of course after I buy the incubator....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by