my homemade incubator, sorry, but there are no PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quintinp, Jan 13, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i dont know how to post picks of it, but after doing my research, i decided i could make an incubator, it is holding temps almost perfect, it is wayyyyyyyy better than my little giant incubator, it is a coleman ice chest, and it is great, it isnt pretty to look at on the outside, but it is big, and i am wondering how to put homemade egg turner, it is heated by a lamp, and a little pc fan is circulating the air, i am so happy i made it, the amazing thing about it is it doesnt fluctuate at all, i love it, it is controlled by a water heater thermostat, that i drilled in it, and it is keeping 100.4 all through the night, i am so happy, I found out where to drill holes in the thermostat on this website, you'll just have to look around a little bit, but it is holding temperature so great i am so ecstatic about it hahaha i cant wait to get my hands on some eggs

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Doesn't it make you feel great when something comes together. [​IMG]

3. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    [​IMG]

4. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i love it, i probably shouldn't have put no pics on the topic and i probably would have gotten more replies, hahahah funny i dont care, thank you two so much for replying

5. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Great Job on your incubator!!!. [​IMG]

6. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i wish i knew how to post pics on here

7. robnms

robnms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Gulf Coast MS
    I don't know if there's an easier way but here's how I post pics. I use 2 BYC pages and toggle between them to get the pics I want to post.

Load your pics on your computer in any folder you want to

open up BYC and right click on uploads to open in a new tab

Use the Browse button to find your pics on your computer

High light the pics and press Open OR doubleclick the pic and it will appear on the uploads page

Click resize and then submit, now it's loaded in "My Uploads"

Click My Uploads on the bottom right of the page and it will open your pics submitted to BYC

click on the image, it should highlight the url, right click and press copy, don't use the thumbnail because it's too small to see clearly

go back to your original BYC page, to submit the pic in a message just right click and paste, you'll see the url. you can use the preview message to see what it looks like before you post.

I hope this helps!!! Good luck with your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by